Katie had her very first dentist appointment today, September 29, 2009, at 10:00 am. I was a little nervous about how it would go down considering how much her daddy LOVES dental visits. But, after some daily coaxing leading up to the appointment, telling her how cool the chair would be and how awesome it would be to get a new toothbrush, etc., she was willing to give it a try.
We walked into the office, a little confused by the orthodontic side and pediatric side, and signed ourselves in. Katie raced over to the fish tank and was super excited to show me the giant red fish that was hiding in the corner of the tank. There was a little confusion with our paperwork because I have pregnancy brain and had written down two different social security numbers for Jimmy. After I finally got a hold of him and made the correction, they were ready to see Little Miss Katie.
She was a champ and went into the office all by herself! I was kind of sad about that, but felt sure she'd be good for everyone. Indeed, she was excellent according to the turbo fox of a dentist. (Of course, he probably could have said all her teeth were rotten and I would have completely missed it!) The dentist said she had NO cavities, phew!, and everything looks great. She does take after her pops though and has one front tooth that is actually two smooshed into one. He said he didn't x-ray it because it's common for there to be only one root for those "two" teeth... I guess we'll see as time goes by. He also said we'll have to kick the thumb sucking before age 5 as her front teeth are poking out a wee bit... not likely though... I was still sucking my thumb way past then!
I'm so proud of Chatty Kathy! I guess all that talking hasn't hurt her teeth much! Apparently, it's when she's quiet (sucking her thumb) that's the problem. Go figure!
Another milestone for Katie Bear...






1 comment:
Wow...Katie is getting to be such a big girl! Glad there was no trauma or drama (and I agree, the dentist was easy on the eyes). If she follows family genes, she'll also have a baby tooth with no permanent tooth under it (I had one and so did Jimmy).
Post a Comment