Katie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Maggie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Our First Slumber Party.

Two nights ago Katie woke up around midnight coughing and crying with a fever of 102.  She was inconsolable.  Her voice was hoarse and her breathing was quite labored.  I was so nervous that we almost headed straight to the emergency room.  After some Motrin and a long hour later, her fever came down significantly, but the cough seemed to get worse.

I took her to the doctor on Monday and was told she has croup.  "The first three nights are the worst," says Dr. Durand-Smith.  So far, she's absolutely right!  Katie, Maggie and I camped out in the family room the last two nights so that none of us would have to root around in the dark to find one another.  I guess you could say this was our first all girl slumber party, only not necessarily the fun kind of slumber party.  (The second all girl slumber party was crashed by daddy around midnight out of desperate necessity!)

We played musical beds, watched cartoons, and snuggled.  

It hasn't been easy keeping Katie away from Maggie.  It's wonderful that she loves her new sister, but in times like these it's hard to convince an almost three year old that germs spread easily and newborns are quite susceptible.  I guess I'm protecting Maggie as best I can with the damn breast milk, but did I mention that I hate breastfeeding?

I'm tired.  I hope my house is germ free by next week or else...!

2 comments:

michelle said...

no playing-with-hair at the first slumber party? ugh. sorry that one wasn't much fun. hope that everyone gets healthy SOON!

Mom2Amara said...

Amara was sick this week too. I feel for ya.

But it's cute to think you all had your first girls' night. Imagine how great it will be to have your slumber parties when they're healthy!