Katie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Maggie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Girlfriends

This one is still making us laugh...

On Saturday, early evening, we got together with some friends from college.  There were three couples, all of whom met at NCSU.  Dana and Graham have two girls, Dani and Avery.  Liz and Andrew (I know, when Liz and Andy got married it dawned on me that I know two couples with the same names) are expecting their first, and then of course Jimmy and I are expecting our second girl.  It's nice to see how Dana and Graham handle their girls so we're assured that it is manageable.  

The six of us were sitting around the dinner table while the three girls were playing upstairs in the playroom since they weren't really interested in finishing their pizza.  I kept thinking, "Should I trust Katie up there without supervision?  Dani is almost 4 after all, and even though she's assertive, I wonder if I should be worried.  Well, if Dana doesn't seem worried, then maybe I shouldn't be worried either."

Most of our conversation revolved around children, with a few interjections of exercise and marathon/triathlon training.  Suddenly, Dani came half way down the stairs to say "Mommy, I picked Katie up all by myself!"  I had half a bite full of salad in my mouth and started laughing pretty hard.  Dana said, "Dani, you shouldn't pick up Katie."  So, Dani said very matter of fact, "But, she got stuck in Avery's crib so I had to get her out."  I think I almost spit my food out from laughter.

2 comments:

michelle said...

hilarious! isn't it precious too to see her play so well with friends? or wait, was she in the crib to remove herself from friends and take a nap? :)

Lucky said...

Yeah, I have been playing with the "unsupervision" as well. Last week, Sophia and her cousin Ellie emerged from the basement covered in glue and glitter. Not an inch of skin showing. I am still finding glitter.