Katie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Maggie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Preschool

Yesterday had its ups and downs.  

Downs:
I experimented at breakfast with one cup of Raisin Bran Crunch cereal and paid for it all day. My blood sugar soared and I just couldn't get control of it for most of the day.  Finally, by dinner time, I was feeling much better.  The lightheadedness and woozy sensations subsided.  I decided after that I would stick to plain and boring so as not to aggravate mother nature.

Ups:
Garner United Methodist Church called at 8:30 am to tell me that they had a cancellation for their preschool and they were instituting the waiting list.  If Katie was still interested, there was now room for her.  This was such great news!  Even though I was feeling woozy, Katie and I took a trip over there to check the place out.  Katie really liked it and the people seemed quite nice.  

Classes follow the Wake County Public Schools calendar, so she will begin on September 3rd. There is an Open House on Tuesday, August 26. The class is Monday and Wednesday from 9:30 am to 1:00 pm.  There will be eight kids in her class with one teacher and one assistant. Since it's a 2 year old class, they don't have to be potty trained, but they do encourage the process with little tiny toilets/stalls!  Kids have to pack a lunch, but the school provides a snack.  

The preschool has been around for 20 years, but unfortunately the 2 year old class is new.  They normally hadn't started kids until they turned three.  I'm a little nervous that she'll be a guinea pig, but I think it'll be OK.  The cost is so reasonable, and if I hate it, I give 30 days notice and she can stop going.  No harm done.

This comes at a great time for us because I have to start going to the doctor every week now so they can make sure the baby isn't growing too big...  gestational diabetes.  I was worried about having to take Katie with me for every appointment, but now I'll just schedule these appointments while she's in school.  While she's in school...  holy crap!

Jimmy asked if it broke my heart to see her in that classroom, but I was so excited that it didn't even dawn on me that I'd be dropping off my baby, entrusting her to strangers.  I'm sure when I leave her that first day I might freak out.  But, if she looks happy, I'm sure I'll get over it.   Maybe I'll even celebrate with a pedicure!  

1 comment:

michelle said...

Wow! Just one cup of Raisin Bran!

Katie is such a big school girl! I still can't get over it! I think I am excited but freaking out a little for you! Our little Katie!