I can't quite get over how quickly time is flying by us. Even though it wasn't all that long ago, it's getting hard to remember without looking at pictures or videos how small and helpless Katie used to be. She used to sleep all the time. I could run errands, have lunch with friends, and even catch a great nap in the afternoon all while sleeping beauty had her eyes closed. It didn't take us long to learn how two short years make a whole world of difference for these growing wonders.
Katie has the silliest personality that I've ever seen. I love to sit back and watch her pretend one strange thing after another. Lately, my most favorite thing to watch is how she can fill a cup/bowl/whatever she can get her hands on of pretend liquid from some pretend dispenser in the sky. She walks around the house doing this all day. After it's full, I'm forced to sit there and drink this pretend beverage that is clearly too hot to drink as it scalds both our mouths. But, all is takes is for Katie to blow (spit) in my cup, then in hers, and all is right with the world again.
Aside from all her pretend activities that occupy her time, Katie is cracking us up daily with the things she has learned to say. It's kind of fun how she'll repeat what we ask her to say. Of course, it's funny to us now, but we'll be kicking ourselves shortly when she repeats it at inappropriate times. My favorite is from the other day when we were outside watering the trees and she was running around in her bathing suit (baby soup, as she likes to call it). Her bottoms were sagging awfully low, so I put my hand on her tushie to check for number one or two. I said, "C'mon, Katie. We have to go inside and change your load." Katie quickly followed me toward the house saying, "Oh-no! Load!"
She likes to say "Oh-no!" to everything. It started with "Oh-no, moon." We couldn't quite figure that one out. This craze has blossomed into "Oh-no, sunshine. Oh-no, broken. Oh-no, boo-boo. Oh-no, rock. Oh-no, mess. Oh-no, ants." And so on and so on.
We've taught her to say, "What's up, dude?" "Awesome, (dude)." "Boobies." "Yucky." "Gross." "Thank you" is now "Thanks." She refers to both "Poo-poo" and "Pee-pee" as "Poot."
She loves Tom and Jerry, Mickey Mouse, and Curious George. Lately, she's been kind of interested in the Wiggles, but mainly because she has also become a huge fan of dancing. On Monday and Tuesday nights, when she's good and gets to stay up later, she is all about Dancing with the Stars! She will make me get up off the couch to dance with her every time.
Her favorite movies are Finding Nemo, Curious George, Cars, 101 Dalmatians, The Little Mermaid, and as of late, Madagascar.
She's getting much better about brushing her teeth. We still have issues with thoroughness, but at least she is actually doing more of a brushing motion instead of just sucking on the toothbrush.
Katie is silly all the time. She's starting to learn the mechanics of Hide-n-Seek, although she's got a ways to go. She loves when we scare her, too. All you have to do is jump out from behind a corner and she will scream at the top of he lungs in glee, then run away so you can do it again. She is nosy and inquisitive; she would find the time to speak to everyone at the park if she could.
Sometimes I can't believe how fast she is growing. Other times I can't wait to see what she'll do next. I'm so excited to see how she'll react to a sibling who never leaves, unlike her newest best friend, Caroline who has to go home everyday. I imagine we'll have our fair share of trials, but my guess is that they'll be fast friends who look out for one another... in addition to getting each other into lots and lots of trouble!






3 comments:
Aw, trouble is in the eye of the beholder, right?
This post/video was so much fun. Thank you for sharing.
Creative, silly, loves to dance, inquisitive, fervor for life...she reminds me of her mama.
That's the funniest video ever!!
Post a Comment