Katie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Maggie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 16, 2008

Maybe I can handle two...

Yesterday was a pretty good day with two girls (Katie and Caroline). For some reason, I must have timed everything right and both girls actually slept AT THE SAME TIME from 2:30pm to 5:00pm. It was perfect. I was worried in the beginning because Katie was super whiny in the morning. There was confusion about whether or not I was going to drive Jimmy to work. I said to Katie, "Do you want to go bye-bye in the car?" But, when we decided that Jimmy would drive himself, Katie was upset and wouldn't stop saying, "Go, car. Bye-bye..." I was forced to come up with an activity in which we needed to use the car. After I fed the girls, I got Katie dressed and we headed to Planet Child in Cary. I was amazed at how well Katie played this time. She is getting so much better with other kids, as well as with playing by herself in one place for longer than 2 seconds. We stayed longer than I think we have in the past, maybe 2-1/2 hours or so. Katie didn't want to leave and even though it took some coaxing to get her out of there, she did finally come willingly. The girls had lunch at home, then off to bed. I even caught an hour nap. I actually felt refreshed for once. I even made dinner! Of course, when Jimmy got home he made a bunch of side dishes, so I can't take all the credit. At the end of the day, I started thinking, "Hmm, maybe I can handle two," but I guess before I can claim that this kind of day will need to become routine. I'll let you know.

No comments: