Katie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Maggie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Magsimilian (and Chatty Kathy)

"OK.  First, Maggie's sooo cute.  Now, Maggie sleep till sunshine come up, you know that?  I so proud of you, Mags." 

Yes, that's right, Katie shared in my joy!  Maggie slept from 9:45 p.m. until 7:30 a.m.  I am so happy about it.  But, unfortunately, I was unable to sleep soundly during her slumber for two reasons:
  1. She was sucking her thumb so loudly it woke me up.  Then, I just kept laughing, so I couldn't fall back asleep.  I was also kind of waiting for her to start crying, but she never did.
  2. Katie woke up at 5 am because she was "scared."  This is happening almost every night.
I'm glad Maggie got a good night's rest because she had her two-month check up today.  She was such a good girl the whole time, awake for the entire one hour and forty-five minutes wait.  

Stats are as follows:
  • Weight - 11 lbs. 13 oz. (75th percentile, aka Large Marge)
  • Length - 22 3/4 in. (70th percentile, must be that long torso like her sister)
  • Head - 14 3/4 in. (25th percentile, itty bitty noggin unlike her sister)
She got her vaccines today, a combination of three shots (Hepatitis B, Diphtheria, Tetanus & Pertussus, Hib, Polio and Pneumococcal) and one oral (Rotavirus).  She turned bright red then cried for a few seconds, but as soon as I picked her up she stopped.  What a champ.

Katie, on the other hand, cried for quite a while after her flu shot.  "I get a booboo.  I need band aid.  Leg hurts.  I need mommy."  Thank goodness doctors' offices give lollipops because I feel sure she'd still be crying if she wasn't distracted by nummy treat-treats.

Dr. Schoffner gave Maggie a clean bill of health.  She really is "so cute."

Lastly, off topic, Katie had a funny dialogue with herself on the way to the bathroom that I'd like to share...

Katie is scared of imaginary "robots" in our bedroom, but insists on peeing in our bathroom.  I finally coaxed her into the bathroom after several attempts of eliminating all robots for her safety. She closed the door and said in her loud Katie voice, "Go away, robots!  I need privacy, robots!"

After she peed, she shouted gleefully, "I did it, robots!  I did it, daddy robot!"

She was scared to leave the bathroom because of said robots.  She peeked her head out of the door and screamed, "AHH!  Robots...  Surprise, Robots!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

can you video katie saying "you know that?" and post it here??

michelle said...

i'd like a video of all the robots! :)

Lucky said...

I love it! You are doing a great job of managing two! Like you have been doing it all along...