Katie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Maggie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween and more

As you could tell from the previous post, last week was not the best for Jimmy, so we took it easy on Halloween night... 



For the last three weeks or more, we have been trying to find out what Katie wanted to be for Halloween.  She started out wanting to be a dinosaur, like that of Corduroy in Corduroy's Best Halloween Ever!.  Then, after seeing a Snow White costume, she had to be Snow White.  Soon after that, she didn't want to dress up at all because Halloween was "too scary."  In fact, I found her one afternoon pulling two stools together so that she could read her imaginary friend a story, "Once upon a time...  scary, scary, scary.  The end."

I assumed Halloween would come and go and she'd be just fine if it did.  She continually refused to try on her costume.  However, on Thursday, I made one more attempt to get her to wear her costume so that she wouldn't be the only kid at school not wearing one.  She misinterpreted what I said and thought I was telling her that if she didn't wear her costume I was going to let her friends at school wear it instead.  She immediately said, "It's Katie's mine costume!" Translation: EVERYTHING BELONGS TO ME, KATIE!  So, she allowed me to put it on her.

   
   

She enjoyed the party at school, but because her teacher couldn't give me the correct time of the festivities, I missed it.  I arrived when all the kids had changed out of their costumes and were eating lunch.  Sigh.



Again, since Katie was so fickle about the whole Halloween thing, I didn't make any grand plans to go trick-or-treating.  If we went, we went.  If not, no big deal.  Sadly, she was so geared up for it, but our neighborhood isn't ideal for trick-or-treating.  In fact, we only had 3 kids come looking for treats.  Instead of going out, we let her eat candy and watch a Charlie Brown Halloween special while also watching me carve a pumpkin.  Super fun!


Saturday was way more festive as we got to visit with family in Randleman for the annual Williams Family Reunion.  Katie had a blast and we enjoyed introducing Magpie to everyone. We came home with a lot of gifts and treats, and if Katie wasn't addicted to sugar before then, she surely is addicted to it now!



Even though this weekend wasn't exactly hectic, I am indeed thankful for daylight savings time! We're all tired and need more rest and way less candy!

3 comments:

Lucky said...

Yeah, the only thing I got out of trick or treating with someone under the age of 3 was that I could steal the candy that I liked without her noticing. Otherwise it was a BIG MELTDOWN. And TOO SCARY for us too.

I love the photos of your crew!

Anonymous said...

aww, maggie looks exhausted in the first pic with judy! so cute!!

Anonymous said...

It looks like all had a good time no matter what.