Katie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Maggie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Carb Counting

I had my meeting with a nutrition counselor on Tuesday.  I learned how to count carbs and test my blood with the OneTouch Ultra 2 meter.  After testing on that first day, Tuesday, it seemed I was not eating enough!  This is crazy.  I think I'm under eating for fear of over eating, which isn't healthy either.  

Basically, I just count carbs, or at least that is about all the nutrition counselor told me to do.  I am allowed a certain number of servings of carbs per meal and snack.  One carbohydrate serving is 15g.  So, for example, at breakfast I'm allowed to have 2-3 servings of carbs, which is equal to 30g-45g of carbs.  For lunch and dinner, I am allowed 3-4 servings of carbs.  A snack is only 1-2 servings, so 15-30g of carbs.  I eat three meals a day and three snacks a day.

I have to check my blood 4 times a day, once when I wake up, then two hours after breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  The first reading of the day should be between 60-95.  The others should be under 120.  So far, my average readings since Tuesday have fallen in the 70's.

I feel like I'm in school again having to study my new materials, then take a test every few hours.  
__________________________________________________________________________

I also had a doctor's appointment this morning.  I assume things look good for now (hard to tell because the new doctor was a little strange and didn't say much), but I'll have to start going weekly to make sure I'm not growing a freak of nature inside me.  By this, I just mean they're going to have to make sure the baby is not getting too big.  I will also need a few more ultrasounds for the same reason.  That part is kind of cool.  I'll be able to get a good look at baby #2's face :)  Hope she's pretty!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

How could she not be pretty, her mom and dad are great looking and her big sister is a cutie pie. I'm sure Katie's new sister will be just as pretty as Katie and mom and dad.

Lucky said...

You know she is a beauty!