I don't sleep very well when Jimmy isn't home, so he suggested that I let Katie sleep in our bed and maybe it would help. It seemed like such a good idea in theory; just having her in the bed should help me sleep. After we watched Toy Story, which she LOVED, I asked her if she wanted to sleep in mommy and daddy's bed and she got so excited that she raced to our room and started to climb on the bed. Before I could get there, she was half way up the bed yelling at me to "Do it! Help, Mommy!"
"Katie, what do you say?"
"Peeze?"
According to Katie, it was clearly playtime. She bounced, rolled around, and chatted up a storm. It was the chatting that got me to thinking about Small Wonder. You remember that 80's sitcom about a little girl robot named Vicki (or as Katie calls them, "boobots.") who was part of the family? Well, I just kept thinking, what if Katie had an on/off switch. I wonder how much simpler my life would be. I didn't have too much time to daydream about this thought because her constant chatter kept distracting me.
I would close my eyes and try to sleep, but I felt this dark shadow breathing over me. Sure enough, I'd open my eyes and Katie's face would be right in mine, giggling as soon as my hair tickled her face. I'd say, "Katie, you have one more chance to settle down or else you're sleeping in Katie's bed." One chance after another came and went. Finally, I had to break down and put her in her room even though it was great fun for both of us while it lasted.






3 comments:
This is adorable! Maybe next time, instead of taking her to her own bed due to incessant chatter, you could just whack her with a pillow.
Uh, isn't that what you did to your sister many moons ago?...Got in her face when she was sleeping, which then completely freaked her out when she woke up? Like mother like daughter. I love it!
So cute.
I was just thinking about Small Wonder the other day! Probably for the same reason you were...you know, the on/off switch and all.
Well I'm not surpised she comes by it naturally, her aunt never shut-up either. What a wonderful bonding time for both of you. Try to remember back to your childhood and how you interacted with your sisters and your friends, it was wonderful to watch you have pillow fights and when you got started talking you did okay for youself. Just wait a couple of years and it will be non-stop noise and chatter it will be wonderful it will keep you young and bring back memories. I can't wait to see all of you, I'm looking forward to it.
Love you all,
Mom
Post a Comment