Katie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Maggie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lily

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

My Mother's Day started out great. I got to sleep in a bit while Jimmy made breakfast and he and Judy looked after Katie. The food was wonderful. It was a quiet morning until the nausea set in. It came from no where, but I now believe it's because I took my prenatal vitamin too soon and didn't let the food settle on my stomach. Anyway, that wonderful breakfast came right back up. Sorry Jimmy!

Judy got me a lovely basket of flowers for Mother's Day, Katie got me a snow cone maker, and Jimmy got me a spa package at The Umstead. I seriously can't wait for that! I get a mother-to-be massage and a European facial. AWESOME! So, on May 22nd we'll go to our doctor's appointment at 2pm to have another ultrasound and check-up, then Jimmy will take the rest of the day off of work and watch Katie while I get pampered! YIPPEE!

After presents, we all ended up going to the Carolina Kid's Expo at the Jim Graham Building at the NC State Fairgrounds. It is exactly what it sounds like, but I must have had a brain fart because I just thought it would be fun playtime for kids. There were activities for the kids, and they also had swing sets and such for kids to test out, but it wasn't exactly what I had expected. I did get to test out a Moby Baby Wrap carrier that I've been curious about, so that was neat. It wasn't a total waste. We signed up for a few raffles (Judy, did you win anything yet?) I think Katie had a decent time, and she got to hug some strange person in a bunny costume. So, all-in-all, it was a nice day.

No comments: